For many people, buying a car is a big decision. There are many things to take into consideration when purchasing the right vehicle, and one of them could be whether to buy new or used.
- Customization – A new car can be made to order just the way you want, or you can have the dealer search for one with the right options and colors.
- Everything is new – This means the car hasn’t had any accidents, there’s no wear and tear, and no funny smells, etc.
- Warranty – A new car warranty comes directly from the manufacturer and is the best type you can get.
- Latest gadgets and technology – The newer the car, the more modern technology will be packed into the vehicle. Multimedia, navigation, driving mode options, etc.
- Safety – Vehicle safety laws are constantly being updated with the way vehicles are built and equipped. The newer the car, the better chance of having the latest safety technology available on the vehicle.
- Fuel efficiency and lower emissions – New cars on the road today are more fuel efficient than ever and they continue to evolve. Diesel engine vehicles are cleaner than ever before and there is a wide range of high performance and economical hybrids available.
- Financing – A lower APR and lower financing rates from banks are available on more new cars than used.
- Maintenance – Some manufacturers offer free scheduled maintenance for a certain amount of time or mileage on new cars.
- Price – The same car used is going to be less expensive. This could mean room to add some extras or even step it up to a higher-end model.
- Depreciation – Cars lose value as time goes by, but the steepest drop in price happens right away. With a used a car, you don’t have to worry about the depreciation factor right off the lot. You also don’t have to worry about those first little dings and scratches from parking lots and roads, there’s a good chance that the previous owner took care of that already.
- Insurance Rates – These will be affected by the age of your car, but will also be less expensive with a used vehicle. Doing some research before your purchase a car can help you avoid sticker shock as well.
- Choice – You can’t build a car like you can with a new one, but you may be able to get a model or option package that isn’t made any more. You may have a wider selection to choose from, and it could take longer to find the right fit.
If you’re in the market for a new ride, we wish you the best of luck with your search. At Bay Ram Collision Center, located in Hayward, CA, we’re fully capable of working on all makes and models and can perform auto body and paint repairs. Whether it’s an old car or a new one, we can perform everything from small spot repairs to full restorations. If you’ve had an accident recently in the San Francisco Bay Area, give us a call at 510.481.8000, and let us help you get back on the road!